RNA analysis using next-generation sequencing (RNA-seq) enables significantly higher resolution transcriptome profiling compared to other methods such as Sanger sequencing and microarrays. RNA-seq applications include:
- Gene expression analysis
- Novel transcript identification
- Detection of gene fusions, isoforms, and other structural variants
- SNV discovery
- Whole transcriptome
Depending on the enrichment or depletion strategy, RNA-seq can be used to evaluate different populations of RNA, including total RNA, non-coding RNA (e.g., microRNA, lncRNA, etc.), and mRNA. Below is an overview of available Kapa RNA library prep products, summarized by RNA enrichment strategy:
rRNA depletion with KAPA RiboErase (HMR): Kits bundled with the KAPA RiboErase (HMR) module for rRNA depletion include all the enzymes and buffers required for ribosomal RNA depletion and library preparation for Illumina® sequencing platforms. The kits provide more consistent and effective rRNA depletion than traditional bead-based capture methods for increased coverage of transcripts of interest.
- KAPA RNA HyperPrep Kits with RiboErase (HMR): A streamlined solution for rRNA-depleted RNA-Seq library preparation
- KAPA Stranded RNA-Seq Kits with RiboErase (HMR): A traditional workflow for rRNA-depleted RNA-Seq library preparation
mRNA capture: Kits bundled with the mRNA capture module include all the enzymes and buffers required for the isolation of poly(A)-tailed RNA and the cDNA library preparation for Illumina sequencing platforms. The kits remove rRNA, pre-mRNAs, and non-coding RNA species for focused sequencing of the enriched mRNA transcriptome.
- KAPA mRNA Hyper Prep Kits: A streamlined solution for mRNA-Seq library preparation.
- KAPA Stranded mRNA-Seq Kits: A traditional workflow for mRNA-Seq library preparation.
No RNA enrichment: cDNA library preparation kits without any upfront RNA enrichment module include all the enzymes and buffers required for cDNA library preparation for Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing. The kits provide precise measurement of strand orientation, can improve coverage of GC-rich and low-abundance transcripts, and high-confidence mapping of alternate transcripts.
- KAPA RNA HyperPrep Kits: A streamlined solution for total RNA-Seq library preparation.
- KAPA Stranded RNA-Seq Kits: A traditional workflow for total RNA-Seq library preparation.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
For FFPE RNA
Available Products by Workflow
RNA Library Preparation
- Construct high-quality libraries with improved sequencing coverage and uniformity of GC-rich and low abundance transcripts
|See how the KAPA Stranded RNA-Seq Kit is being used in targeted RNA-seq workflows|
Roche® NimbleGen™ SeqCap™ RNA Systems
|Kapa Biosystems and Roche NimbleGen have partnered to provide a best-in-class, complete workflow solution for targeted RNA sequencing. KAPA Stranded RNA-Seq Kits perform over a wide range of RNA input, including as low as 10 ng of total RNA. The kits retain accurate strand origin information of >99% while allowing detection of challenging GC-rich and low abundance transcripts.
*Data on file
- KAPA Pure Beads
- KAPA Adapters
- Minimize PCR-induced bias of AT- and GC-rich library molecules for improved sequencing coverage of RNA
- Accurately quantify adapter-ligated molecules prior to sample pooling and cluster generation for optimal sequencing results