Sanger sequencing employs ‘dideoxy’ nucleotides which terminate the newly synthesized DNA sequence at specific residues and is considered the gold-standard sequencing method for variant detection. For many genotyping labs, reproducible amplification of a broad range of targets for downstream Sanger sequencing relies on the optimization of individual assays, which requires multiple PCR protocols and reagents.
For PCR prior to Sanger sequencing, Kapa Biosystems has a range of evolved polymerases that offer more consistent amplification, higher yields and broader coverage of both easy and challenging amplicons. The versatility of the KAPA2G Fast DNA Polymerase allows for the simplification of PCR workflows, through the consolidation of reagents and protocols, while increasing success rates and improving turnaround time.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Broad coverage of both AT- and GC-rich targets
- High speed without compromising performance
- Robust performance across a wide range of GC- and AT-rich templates
- Increased PCR success rates
- High specificity and improved yields
- High-throughput PCR